Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Little Men











We have had some fun this summer and it has all come to an end. Some people are happy that the school year has begun, I am not one of those people! The beginning of school means no more horsing around during the middle of the day. No more lazy mornings and relaxed days. Instead we have early mornings, responsibilities and pressures. Each school year I see my sweet boys getting bigger, becoming less naive, and becoming less likely to be lovey with their mother in public. They will start caring more about what their friends think, and slowly they will become little men!!! Sadness for me!! So when I hear my friend say "I can't wait for school to start" I think, I have lost one more year. I have my Conner for 8 more years before he leaves and I can't stand the thought of not having him here all the time. I know there are great things about your kids getting older, but there is nothing in the world that compares to holding your little guy and rocking them to sleep, or having your boys come off the bus on their first day of school, walk over to you and give you a hug and a kiss without caring who is watching them. Those are the sweet moments in life and slowly they are slipping away......I will miss them!

2 comments:

Goodmans said...

What handsome future missionaries! I don't look forward to the first day of school for Sandon. I know the years will fly by.

Gina and Jon said...

The boys are getting bigger it's crazy I feel like every week or two they look even bigger! I have to say even though they are turning into little men, they are pretty sweet for little men and I love it! By the way are those diapers on their heads.. oh good times.