Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Devils Thumb





Every Saturday I go on a "long Run" with my running group! Usually it is anywhere from 6 to 12 miles. This last Saturday we went on one of my favorite trail runs! The trail is a hard run up, but once you get to the top there is a cabin that you can sign your name in. The best part is the view! Colorado has amazing trails with beautiful views, it's really worth getting up early for! They call the trail the "Devils Thumb" because of the rock formation that can look like a thumb sticking out. This weekend I am leaving for Las Vegas to do a Half Marathon with my girl friends, I can't wait! Jeena and Gina will both be missed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pic's. I enjoyed talking to you. Have fun in Las Vegas this weekend. It would kill me to run a mile let alone 6 to 12 miles. Good luck on your run in Vegas. Love Adam

Toni C. said...

I'm sorry - but someone has to say this... they really call that a THUMB??

jharmon said...

Thank you! I am glad to see that I am not the only one with a dirty mind! I said the same thing and everyone looked at me like I was Crazy! I knew I could count on you Toni!

Toni C. said...

The dirty mind must be a sideeffect from growing up next to a nuclear power plant... lol!

Barney Family said...

good Luck with the half!! I am so envious that you get to run Devils Canyon every Saturday!

Kellie

Karie said...

Good luck with your run!
Hope you do well.
Karie

Gina and Jon said...

Congrats on the marathon.. you freaking rock.. and I can't wait to do that run in about a week!