Thursday, February 12, 2009

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!





I haven't updated my blog this month because it has been so depressing! I usually try to put fun things on my blog and even now I am having a hard time thinking of what to write. A good friend of mine lost her husband to Cancer this last week, he was 32 years old. She is now left with two year old twins to raise alone. We just kept hoping for a miracle and when they said terminal it was heart breaking! This alone was enough but the bad didn't stop there. My little Karter came down with a disease! The word is frightening isn't it! I won't mention the name because I don't want my blog to show up every time someone looks it up! Before I continue I will say that we now believe that Karter is fine and that this will soon be a bad memory. He had an allergic reaction to a virus and His body started attacking itself. It is very rare and self limiting, but It attacks your kidneys and other organs. MY poor baby was covered in spots that looked like he was beaten and the disease left him with arthritis in he joints so that he could hardly walk. The swelling got so bad that we thought he had broken bones and we even got x-rays! His head became swollen and he looked like Hermon Munster! It has been almost 4 weeks now and he is starting to feel a little better but still has pain when he walks. They put him on steroids which has helped and his last tests showed that his kidneys looked okay! We will have to go to the doctor every month for a year to check his kidney function but at least He is getting better. It is hard to see a 3 year old in pain! Karter was really not doing well and I know that it is because of every ones prayers that he has started to recover! There have been people in our community that are not members that asked us if they could pray for him! What a blessing to have such sweet friends looking after our family. I feel grateful for my life and my blessings! Next month I am hoping for some sunshine!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your little boy's illness. I'm glad he's on the mend. Your friends situation is heartbreaking. I'm glad she has you to lean on.

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to hear you have had such a rough month. Keep your chin up sweetie, this too shall pass!

Toni C. said...

Wow, that does sound like a difficult month. I'm glad to hear that your little one is on the mend... and, for your friend, my heart just breaks. I can't even imagine what she's going through. Love and prayers to your family and hers!

Team Pettijohn said...

Wow...it sure did pour. I'm so glad that your son is feeling better...Nothing breaks my heart more than seeing a kid hurting, and then your friend's situation on top of it...Just know I'm thinking about you!

Shelli said...

I'm so sorry Jill! This has not been a fun month for you. I feel for your friend and hope she will be okay. And poor little Karter! It is so hard to see your kids in pain. Please keep us updated on how he is, we will pray for him too! When Rachel was about 5 she had a crazy "virus" that the docs couldn't figure out. Her joints were swollen, she couldn't walk and she was lethargic for weeks. We're pretty convinced that the prayers and fasting of friends and ward were what got her through it. We love you!!!

Chapman Family said...

Wow, I can't believe those spots on Karter. I'm glad he is doing better. It was fun talking with you at Betsy's the other day. You are awesome.
Michelle

Trev said...

Nice blog background Jill! Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I can't think of anything more heart-wrenching than losing Shelli. Losing your spouse would make it feel like the world is just crumbling around you!

Sorry to hear about the strange illness with your son! That's crazy! I hope all goes well and that it is truly self-limiting as the doctors think it is. Rachel got some strange virus as a kid and was literally on the couch unable to move her joints for a week. We were very worried about what it could be and what could happen!

Keep your chin up, and keep smiling. You have a beautiful smile, by the way - nice teeth ;)

You guys going to be up here anytime soon?

Goodmans said...

I was sorry to hear about poor Karter. He has been in our prayers and hopefully this will all be over soon for good. love ya

Barney Family said...

Oh Jill, I am so sorry to here that about your cute little Karter. It makes me sad to think of him not being able to walk and in so much pain. I am glad he is doing better. Have fun in Moab. I will be thinking of you all.

Shelli said...

Hey Jill Pill, just wondering how you've been, haven't heard from you lately! Hope all is well with your family!!