Thursday, December 13, 2007

Is # 7 Lucky or Unlucky?










Last week I watched my friends kids for four days while she was in Brazil, she has three little boys. With my boys that makes seven! They are good kids so I figured no problem. I should add that she didn't ask me to do it, I volunteered. All was going well they were happy having a great time then the bad luck hit us! They came down with the stomach flu!!!! My house smelled like puke and diarrhea! Poor boys, they were dropping like flies one after the other! We still managed to do some fun things, we wrote letters to Santa and we looked at Christmas lights and made Christmas Castles out of rice crispy treats!!! I have always felt that seven was a lucky number but now I'm not so sure! I have to say, it was definitely an adventure!

5 comments:

Gina and Jon said...

Your so cute and such a good Mom.. I don't know how you handled 7 seriously.. that is intense! I think you need a vacation now! I bet the kids loved having friends over 24/7 though! And I'm really glad the stomach flu has passed sense I will be coming soon!

Goodmans said...

Oh I feel for you. That is the worst. You can't get the puke smell out of your nose!!!

Barney Family said...

After hearing about your experience I would definitely say 7is unlucky! You are a great friend and hey you can get Gina back one day when you go on vacation. Cute pictures.

Kellie

Karie said...

Only you could have done it Jill. I'm obviously not joking when I call you "Super Woman". I'm glad it's over!!!! Now you can enjoy your Christmas.
Love ya

Chapman Family said...

You are awesome Jill. I'm so glad you have a blog!!