Sunday, March 16, 2008

SPRING BREAK ARIZONA!!!!











We went on spring break with our friends the Jolley's. It was awesome! We took a nanny to watch the kids so that we could play in the evenings. We rented a house in Gilbert which is close to Phoenix. I have to say we did not document all the fun with photos and that makes me sad but we got a few good shots! The house was on a lake and had a boat that we rented. The kids went fishing, played in the pool, went to the zoo, and of course we went to SPRING TRAINING FOR THE MARINERS! It was lucky that they were also playing the ROCKIES! The Adults went to amazing restaurants, gained a ton of weight, saw a few movies, went mountain biking, got injured, One adult received stitches(me, I clipped out on a cactus and had to go to Tyler's friends dental office where Tyler the orthodontist did surgery on my hand and gave me a few stitches! It was still great!) On our mountain biking (which really isn't good in Arizona compared to Colorado), all the cacti were giving us the "BIRD" So Tyler had to demonstrate as well. Jeena and I layed out and read books while the kids swam and the guys slept! So fun, relaxing, and warm! It was hard to come back to Colorado! We also got a picture of the place Forest Gump ran to in the movie! What more could we ask for?

8 comments:

Shelli said...

Looks so fun and relaxing. Makes me want a vacation right at this very moment. Those cacti are hilarious!

Gina and Jon said...

Man I am so jealous.. your rental place looks fabulous, next time I get to come right? I want to see pictures of your stitches!

Barney Family said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love the basebqall photos, there is nothing like baseball and Arizona.

Hey I have tried to contact your hubby about our mortgage! I need to give you a call.

Kellie

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Your vacation looks so fun! It makes me wish I was on vacation right now!

Lovely Lindsay said...

jill! thank you so much for you sweet comments. i loved getting a note from you... as you know i've always wished that you were MY big sister. i love to read about all the fun things you and your family do. and getting a glimpse at your handsome boys! now we both just need to get gina to start having some little kiddo's too!!!
love, lindsay

Team Pettijohn said...

Fishing, swimming, baseball...it doesn't get better than that! I wanna come next time. :) And look at you, you cute little runner. Last Sunday was the Seoul International Marathon...maybe you should train for that and come visit next month. I won't run, but I would certainly cheer you on. lol.

Goodmans said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Any interesting books you read. YOu know I always trust your taste!!

Toni C. said...

Looks like so much fun! Man, I wish I were some place warm!